$10 for 100g
Spirulina has some great health boosting qualities
- 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (gla) GLA is difficult to find in a food source and normally has to be created by the body. Spirulina is one of the few foods with a natural GLA content.
- Anti inflammatory
- It contains all essential amino acids.
- Spirulina contains Omega 3-,6 and 9s and is especially high in Omega-3s.
- High in chlorophyll which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system.
- Very high concentration of bio available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia and will not cause constipation. The proteins and nutrients in Spirulina are very bioavailable and easy to absorb.
- Also a fantastic source of other nutrients including vitamins B-1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3(nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin E. It is also a source of potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc. Spirulina contains many pigments which may be beneficial and bioavailable.
- High in calcium with over 26 times the calcium of milk
- Studies have shown that spirulina may be helpful for those with allergies and allergic reactions.
- Evidence suggests that it binds with radioactive isotopes and may be useful for radioactivity exposure or radiation therapy.
- The protein in Spirulina is highly usable and has a net protein utilization rate of between 50-61%
- Spirulina can bind with heavy metals in the body and help remove them.
- Spirulina can increase fat burning during excercise.
- The phosphorus content in spirulina makes it helpful in tooth remineralising
How to consume spirulina 🍵
Add spirulina to your green smoothies and take extra during pregnancy.
It is best to get in about 2 teaspoons per day, and 2 or more tablespoons during illness, after radiation exposure, or during pregnancy. It does taste horrible though!
You can mix into water and drink straight, though many people have trouble with this.
- It’s anti inflammatory properties have been helpful to some with joint pain or other types of inflammation
- excellent for children, the elderly and during pregnancy
Those on any type of anti-coagulation medicine should consult with a doctor before beginning (or stopping) the use of Spirulina. Some people with autoimmune disease do not do well with Spirulina. If you are pregnant, nursing or have any medical condition, check with your doctor first.
$10 for 100g Jar
Available from 🏡✨
The Roadside Stall
Open 7 Days
49 Warnervale Road
View our website for prices and postal orders 📬
✨ We encourage you to do your own research when it comes to your health choices 🌱🐝
The Roadside Stall 🏡🌈✨
✨ We are restricted to list health benefits here, so please go to our Instagram or Facebook page for more information.
Or send us a message 📬
Providing products that promote gut health, cellular health, airway health, skin health, oral health, hydration, natural pain management and wellness ✨🌻✨
We offer simple, affordable options to aid the bodys natural healing ability ✨
Handmade health and beauty products 🏡
🌈✨Website for click and collect and postal orders 📬
Contact us 🌻 The Roadside Stall 🏡✨
🌿Facebook: The Roadside Stall
🍃 It’s easy to achieve better health with handmade products from The Roadside Stall 🏡🌱🐝✨